SCHOOL BASED HEALTH SERVICES
School based health services are effective in improving student health and wellbeing. This leads to better participation in education which in turn provides better opportunities for our young people.
We provide onsite, free healthcare services to students in schools. From emergency care, to physical, mental, emotional, and social health assessment and treatment, the scope of a School Nurses’ practice is wide and all-encompassing.
Who can access this service?
This service is aimed at students. However, our School Nurses will work with the students whānau, school staff and secondary health services to provide youth focused nursing care.
How do I access this service?
You must be a student enrolled at one of the following education facilities:
• Tarawera High School
• Te Tari Ako Matua Taiohi – Teen Parenting Unit at Tarawera High School
• Edgecumbe College
• Opotiki College and Alternative Education
• Trident High School
• Whakatāne High School
• Rangiatea – Teen Parenting Unit at Ngāti Awa
• Apiti Hou – Alternative Education for Whakatāne and Trident High Schools
• Te Kura Maori-A-Rohe O Waiohau
• Murupara Area School and Alternative Education
Youth Health Team Lead
Tarawera High School Nurse
Ōpōtiki College Nurse
Murupara Area School Nurse
Whakatāne High School Nurse