We provide an individualised approach to help you improve your nutrition and wellbeing.
Our New Zealand Registered Dietitians work with you and your whānau to provide support and information to help you achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle and manage health conditions.
This service is free and we have clinics across the Eastern Bay of Plenty and can also come to your house or workplace.
Maternal and Youth Dietitian Service:
- Hapū mama needing nutrition advice to make sure they are meeting nutrition needs when pregnant
- Rangatahi aged up to 18 years old requiring healthy eating advice specific to their age, stage or growth pattern
- Whānau with mild to moderate fussy eating children
Adult Dietitian Service:
- People with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes
- People with Heart health problems e.g. high cholesterol, high blood pressure and/or CVD Risk> 15%
- People requiring support for healthy eating and lifestyle
All our dietitians provide:
- A holistic approach to nutrition and health for you and your whānau
- Education about your condition and dietary management
- Support with setting realistic and achievable goals
Clinic hours are usually from 9am – 3pm weekdays, at various locations in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. We can accommodate appointments outside these times if required.
Maternal Youth Dietitian Service
Clinic locations and times to be determined in coming months, but will be across the Eastern Bay of Plenty to meet demand.
Adult Dietitian Service
Whakatāne – EBPHA office, 5 Louvain Street
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (Whakatāne clinic days and times vary due to other clinic locations).
Ōpōtiki – Ōpōtiki Community Health Centre, 32 King Street
Kawerau – KEA Building, 60 Onslow Street
Te Kaha – Te Kaha Medical Centre, 6680 State Highway 35; or Ōmāio Clinic Room, Ōmāio Pa Road
End of each month (days vary depending on room availability).
Tāneatua – Tāneatua Medical Centre, 22 Tuhoe Street
Once a month, usually Mondays.
Edgecumbe – Riverslea Medical Centre, 26 College Road
Once a month dependent on referral numbers and need.
Please fill out the referral form below or contact Brooke.
Our dietitians are available to speak to your community groups about healthy eating and lifestyle, for example, community groups, sports teams, marae events, kaumātua groups or workplaces.
Please contact Brooke for more information.
021 501 257
Check out the document attached for general healthy eating information and Covid support. We are in the process of updating the document so let us know any feedback we can use to improve the booklet!
Covid19 Isolation Food and Meal Plan Guide
Community Adult Dietitian