EBPHA is committed to having a strong and effective clinical governance framework, building on and linking with existing processes, supporting commitment for engagement and the quality framework. EBPHA believes a clinical governance framework promotes the central role of clinical leaders in design, provision and improvement of care.
EBPHA has eight Clinical Advisors made up of four General Practitioners, three general practice nurses and one kaupapa māori non-governmental organisation nurse. Each advisor provides a platform of expertise that guides and promotes a culture of clinical excellence, quality and consistency in the planning and delivery of primary health care across the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
- Dr Joanne McKnight – General Practitioner, Ohope Beach Medical Centre, Ohope
- Dr Mark Haywood – General Practitioner, Toi Ora Health, Opotiki
- Dr Rachel Shouler – General Practitioner, Tarawera Medical Centre, Kawerau
- Pare O’Brien – Nurse Practitioner, Whakatane
- Ellen Walker – Nurse Practitioner, Opotiki